Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mabel's On Main



Last night I took the bf out for his pre-birthday dinner, just us two and I've been wanting to try this new spot called Mabel's on Main (it used to be Mabel Murphy's for some of ya'll that remember).

I loved it. Very chic in the heart of downtown Scottsdale, so you know it's trendy. The only con that I have is if you plan on going just for dinner, go earlier than 10. LOL. We had reservations at 9:30 and well by 10:15 the Scottsdale "IT" crowd was already making their presence known. We were sitting in the middle of the restaurant surrounded by all the people. I felt like an animal on display as I devoured my Chicken Lollipop and blue cheese (seriously to die for), while the bf grubbed on bites of filet w/ horseradish (he said it was delish). I recommend getting their probably around 7 so you can enjoy your food.  Also, don't go expecting a huge menu; it is very limited, yet very yummy.

Overall, I had a great time, with a great person, and enjoyed some nice drinks and food.

This is from their website:

Through the front door of Mabel's is our main lounge, where you will be immersed in the grandeur of a lost era. Studded leather seating, intricately embossed tin ceilings and dark wood furnishings are a throwback to times when sophistication and luxury were exclusive to all but a few. You will find our hand-crafted cocktails at your fingertips and a late-night menu at your disposal. The lounge is large enough to lose yourself in, if that is what you desire, yet small enough to feel subdued in an intimate setting.


No comments: