Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

R.I.P. GLAM

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



I fortunately stumbled on a little "hole-in-the-wall" club on my friend, Summer's, birthday back in March. When I first walked in, I felt a little out of my norm. Actually, I felt so damn out of place, but the alcohol started flowing, the music was great, and the company of my friends was even better. So it was a win-win-win situation all the way around. Ever since that night in March, GLAM has been my favorite hot spot to visit on Saturday nights. The vibe and the decor and the plain atmosphere is the best. It's not a straight club; it's not a gay club; it's not a punk club; it's not an alternative club.. it's all of them combined.


You never know who or what you'll see when you go. It reminds me something out of New York. Who knew Arizona could be as cool as NY?!!? I sure didn't.. until GLAM came into my life. The club has black and white checkered walls and a checkered dance floor that lights up. But the best thing about the club is their signature drink, called a trash can. And you can only imagine with a name like that, what actually goes in them.. I don't know for sure, but there's a TON of alcohol, some blue shit and then, a WHOLE can of redbull goes right into the pitcher. Yes, you heard me right, they use a pitcher for this drink. It is an all time favorite drink of mine.


I found out a few weeks ago, GLAM is closing its doors.. do you know how destraught I am over this? I am so sad... where will I take my dancing shoes now?? This Saturday will be the last night of GLAM, ever. RIP, GLAM.. you will truly be missed.


Now, can I have the recipe for the trash can drink?


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: